Friday 5 February 2016

Random shots

I chose this course because I think that photography is just a really fascinating thing and just like poetry or other forms of art it can help you to express deep feelings.
Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to really take a photography class before or take pictures with a professional camera. So most of the good shots that I've taken so far, have been taken with the front camera of my iPhone and thus aren't always of the best quality, but nevertheless I have a few favorites, which I'm kind of proud of.
As you will see, most of my favorite pictures are in some way related to the beach or to sunsets, because I think that both of these things have something comforting and when looking at a photograph of a beach or a sunset I always feel like I'm in the picture and in that very moment of harmony. 


I love this photograph of the beach because it basically represents everything that the words summer and holidays stand for. 
It is a typical holiday moment, walking along a beach, with people swimming in the ocean, kids building sand castles and people lying in the sand. 
And nevertheless, you can see apartments and buildings in the background that kind of make the photograph more natural because, at least for me, they represent reality and everyday life. 


This picture definitely doesn't have the best quality and one can clearly see that it hasn't been taken with a good camera. 
But personally, I still love it because it has a very special atmosphere. 
Not only is the snow slowly melting and only small parts of the beach are still covered in white, but additionally the grey-ish colors that dominate the picture give the scene a rather sad and gloomy touch. Therefore the beach houses also seem a bit abandoned to me, although they are standing on the beach in groups of three or four, it seems as if they are missing something. 


What should I say? I just love these beach houses! 
This picture was taken early in the morning and I just love the blue sky with some light clouds in it. 
Moreover, I love the fact that, if you look through the different rows of beach houses, you can see a very small part of the ocean in the background. 
Additionally, the light blue and white colors give the picture a rather friendly atmosphere.


Personally, this is one of my favorite shots! It was taken from our living room and thus each time I look at it, I just feel like at home. 
Again, the colors of the sky play a major role in the picture, but I think that the telescope adds a special touch. (although it might have been useful to turn it the right way, so that the lens would actually be facing the beach... but I guess nobody's perfect)


Our beautiful campus! Well I guess there is not much to say, it's a pretty random photograph. 
Nevertheless, I really like it, especially the shadows of the trees and the fact that the sun is slightly shinning through one of the trees. 
I don't know why, but the arrow on the right is kind of irritating though. 


This is probably my favorite shot of all times. 
Not only is the quality surprisingly good for a phone camera, but I just love love love the interaction of the colors and the clouds that are forming different shapes in the sky. 
As I said before, I really love sunset pictures because I just think that they have something strangely satisfying and in this picture the black hills in the back, combined with the orange-blue sunset just really fascinate me. 


This shot was taken last term for my Communication Design project. 
One could say that it is just a random photograph of the Bandstand...BUT the thing is, that the Bandstand itself is not random at all. 
I mean only in Brighton can you see a green-white mini palace right in front of the beach. 
I just love the architecture and the colors of the Bandstand and I really like the angle from which I took the picture because it just kind of gives you the feeling of walking up those stairs. 



Contact Sheet:






No comments:

Post a Comment